Acorn has one of the most extensive fleet of printing and converting equipment in Canada and is positioned to handle the most demanding projects.
Capabilities at a Glance
Printing is the heart of our business and an area in which we have deep expertise. Our printing operations are supported by the latest flexographic printing technology – the flagship of our fleet is the 8 colour Bobst 20 Six, the world’s most advanced flexographic press. This complements our existing fleet of 4 additional 8 and 6 colour flexographic presses for unmatched capacity in the press department.
Our presses are supported by the latest in flexo plate mounting technology, as well as computerized Novaflow ink dispenser and X rite colour matching technology to ensure consistent colour from press run to run.
With a capacity to print in excess of 1 million metres per day of printed film, Acorn has the right press for your project.
Lamination serves many different purposes such as chemical resistance protection, gas barrier protection, grease barrier protection, moisture protection, package durability, seal capabilities, surface treatment for better friction on machines, etc.
Acorn boasts the most diverse lamination equipment in Canada – Solvent based, Solventless and Extrusion lamination machinery ensure we have the right equipment to meet the most demanding end user requirements. From 2-ply up to 4-ply laminations, we work with all the common films (Pet, OPP, Poly, Metallized Films, Nylon etc…) as well as paper and foil to create unique structures that most of our competitors are unable to create.
With over 20 pieces of major downstream converting equipment, Acorn completes the entire package in house. Bags, micro perforating, pouches, roll stock and sleeves, as well as any other packaging requests, are assembled, finished and trimmed at our plant.
Some of our additional converting capabilities include:
- High speed slitting, including ability to micro perforate the film
- Stand up pouches, with or without gussets, zippers, tear notches hang holes, perforations, lips–including quad seal (side gusset) stand up pouches. Various different film combinations available including boiling applications.
- Bottle sleeves, both singles and on a roll including ability to apply a coupon to the sleeve
- Wicketed bags of various configurations
- Flower sleeves and foil Jackets of many different types and configurations.
- Custom shaped, die stamped products